Friday, October 23, 2015

Liebester Award!

Well I'm really excited because I've been nominated for the first time in my life and I received this wonderful award three times now! It's such an honor. This first nomination is from CWS. Thanks!
The rules are:
Rules:

– Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.

– Thank and tag the blog who nominated you.

– Answer their questions and come up with 10 new ones for your nominees
– Nominate 8 blogs (with less than 200 followers*), let them know you’ve nominated them, and link them in your post
– No tag-backs
(copied & pasted from CWS)

Here are CWS's questions:
1: Best model horse buy?
This is a tough one, probably my Lion Heart I bought over the summer for $45. 

2: Ever had a model horse barn set up?
Yes, and I love it! I pose them everyday in the morning, or at night, so when I come home from school I have something fun to look at.

3: Any Peter Stone models?
I have three, an old mold morgan, a dapple grey jumper, and my custom Percy.

4: How many Schleichs (if any) do you have?
A lot, I used to collect and play with them before I got into Breyers. I think I'll be selling a few soon.
5: Favourite type of horse riding? E.g barrel racing, dressage, jumping…
Dressage!!!! I'm called the DressageKid because I ride it and take it seriously. I love free styles, they're so much fun!
6: Ever been to Breyerfest? (Or any other model horse event)
Yes, twice. I hope to go back but I was just really lucky and thankful to go the two times.
7: Least favourite horse colour?
I don't really like chestnut. On models it's ok but I'm so tired of seeing plain old chestnuts at stables. It's the most common color though.
8: If you could design a Regular Model for Breyer, what would it’s mold, colour, eye colour and markings be?
I guess I'd want to see a horse that's not perfect, like a lesson horse. So I'd pick the Halla mold or San Domingo and have them be painted a bay or chestnut, and give them some dirty socks or a star. Nothing flashy, nothing perfect but just like our horses that us lesson kids love!
9: Do you have a subscription to a horse or craft magazine?
I do subscribe to Young Rider and I get my trainer's old Dressage Today magazines every once in a while. 
10: Favourite thing about the model horse hobby?
The fact that you can have the stable of your dreams and all the horses you love until you find, or can afford!, that in real life. Then they become great memories and keepsakes and something to remind you of those early days.
This next nomination is from Horse Tender. Thanks and congrats on riding a horse!!!!!!

 1:What is your favorite color?
Blue and then Green. I love the combo.
2: Who is your favorite fictional character?
Hmm, I think maybe Sidney Kriser from the book Catch Rider.
3: Do you play any online/computer games?  If so, which ones?
Not any more. When I was young I was really into Howrse.
4: Best (real) horse memory?
Either when I warmed up Boomer before a show and I was the only one in the ring and I felt like he was my horse or when I cantered Boomer bareback. That was some of the most fun I've had.
5: Favorite time of year?
Spring.
6: Are you a night owl or an early bird?
Night Owl. I never sleep, even though I should.
7: Do you have any pets? 
Yes two dogs, Izzy and Rosie. I'd love a horse but eh, that's unlikely.
8: Favorite breed of horse?
Halflinger, Arabian (at least of the one's I've ridden), Paints (for their coats) and Frisians because they just look magic.
9: Are you working on any big projects right now?
Not currently. I'm brainstorming what to do with a new body foal I have and I just finished a beach scene that turned out really good, except for the fact that it warped...
10: What other hobbies or interests to you have?
I love to write, horse back ride, and draw. I'm going to write a novel for National Novel Writing Month actually, so that's exciting.

And finally I have Chestnut Heart Beat's questions. Thanks for the nominations!!!

1. What inspired you to start writing a blog?
I loved other people's blogs and I wanted a place to share my stories about what happened at TBF. The photo stories made by other bloggers also provided a lot of inspiration.
2. Who is your inspiration in the model horse or real horse world?
I am inspired by my trainer in the horse world. She isn't famous but she has encouraged me and taught me a lot about life and riding.
3. Of all your models, which is your favourite?
Ooo. Tough. I don't like having a favorite but some are Blackjack, he was a grail and I found him at my first BF, my Chochise named Denis, he was my first, Fin, another grail horse, and some that my friend has given me like Forrest, (Frankle) and Murray ( Cupcake).
4. Which of your models do you most regret buying, and why?
Well there's been a few bad choices but one was Sunrise. I shouldn't have bought him over a Headly Britania and I thought he was so ugly! I traded him with a friend for a clydesdale. The trade wasn't super fair since Sunrise was mint but I was happy to get rid of him!
5. If you could visit anywhere in time or space (including fictional places) where would you go?
A horse farm in the 60's or something where I lived on a farm and rode horses whenever.
6. What is your favourite season of the year?
Spring.
7. If you could have any skill you want, what would you like to have?
Being able to draw really well! I can draw ok but not that well.
8. What would your dream model horse be?
I am lucky enough to have my lesson horses as models but I would love to have an Alborozo too.
9. What is your favourite mythical/fantasy creature?
Pegasus. Never be late to school again!
10. Tell us something about yourself we don't know (Ok, ok, not really a question, I know :) )
Well, I love the color plaid and got into a large debate about how it is a color. I don't know who won that one!

So here are my questions:
1. Who is your favorite horse, model or real?
2. Where do you want to go, any world, any place, any time?
3. Are you an only child or do have siblings?
4. If all of your models were real, which one would you want to ride, show, etc.?
5. How did you get started in the hobby?
6. Who was your first model?
7. What was your best model purchase?
8. What's the worst thing you've ever bought?
9. Favorite tv show?
10. What is your least favorite Breyer mold, horse, and color?
My nominees are:
And anyone else who'd be interested in answering these questions! I can't wait to read your responses! Thanks again for the nominations.


7 comments:

  1. Ooh you have Lionheart? You're so lucky! Thanks for answering the questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! That was so much fun! And Lionheart is going to be in a new post. I was really lucky to get him at such a steal.

      Delete
  2. This was fun to read - congratulations on your (well deserved!) nominations! :) I've played Howrse, off and on, for years now. ;) That's awesome that you are going to write a novel for National Novel Writing Month. I used to write a lot, but don't do it much anymore - even though I still think it's fun to do. Fictional writing, that is. I really like the questions that you came up with, especially number 4. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog and it's so nice that you comment and take the time to read it!

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your answers to all the questions :) Hope you weren't too worn out at the end of all that, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it was fun! I'm so glad I found your blog, I love reading it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for nominating me! I can't wait to tackle your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete