Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tacky Stuff

Hey look at Percy! What a stud. EH HEM! Percy, she's not your type.
 Oh studs, they never listen.

 But now Percy has a bridle, and is borrowing a saddle.
 Percy's bridle was made by Devon Comstock. While I'd like to promote my tack I have to mention hers. It's quite beautiful and simply amazing. I don't show but want nice tack. Her prices are extremely fair, this is fully skived with the crystal brow band and it only cost me $15! Her saddles are $50 to $60 dollars, I think, so I haven't bought one yet. It makes me work harder in my tack making adventures and is well worth the money.


Can't get enough of those crystals.

 Now on to the saddle. I have no clue who made this, it's actually vintage tack. It's pretty nice quality too. It actually came in a set.



 I got this Secratariat for my birthday complete with this tack set. I like everything but I can't get over how much the "racing saddle" looks english.
 The bridle is ok. Only one buckle and not very realistic.



This old buckle makes me laugh.

 The stirrups are short and only fit classic riders. Traditional riders don't make good jockeys so I think it's meant for classic riders.
 I finished my first Traditional Rio Rondo kit recently. It still needs a breast collar but then it's done.






 The bridle isn't fancy but it looks nice on my mule, Lampwick.
 It's a step up from my first Rio Rondo kit in Classic scale.


That's all for now. Thanks for reading. When my homework's done I'll post a photo story.

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts!!! I thought I would put you on my blogroll over at my blog because I liked it so much. I hope you don't mind that I did a shout out too. ;)

    ~CBL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! That is so nice of you! Thank you so much! I'm working on a thank you post for a couple people so your on the list now. Thank you so much!

      Delete