Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dressage Clydesdales

Meet Edge Of Glory, our dressage clydesdale.
Glory showed up unannounced. (In real life my friend said, "I've got a surprise for you," and sent me Glory as payment for her custom I made her. She said next time we'd talk money but if she wants to get me horses that's cool too. That's where the money's going, probably.) Even though Sydney basically owns Glory she asked Penny to show her. Sydney isn't so graceful anymore. Here they are at the January Classic Warm-up show in Kentucky. Certainly wouldn't be at a outdoor show in January in Illinois.
Saluting the judges before beginning
 Their test went well and actually got first place! We had more shows lined up until this happened,
 a little colt. We named him Shadowed Glory or Shady or Shad. His father came from the old barn. His sire's name is Cast No Shadow, a striking clydesdale stallion.
 In a lesser-known stock show he placed first for draft colt. Who knows, maybe one day he'll be up there with his mother preforming dressage. Or perhaps a jumping clydesdale! You never know...
Thanks for reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I just love the idea of draft horses tacked up and being ridden :) They just look so elegant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I saw one in person once and it was breathtaking!

      Delete