Thursday, January 29, 2015

New Things

Fist let's start off with a picture of Jake messing up his dog walking chore. Poor Jake, if it wasn't bad enough letting the dog go he's getting judged by a horse at the same time!
"Hey get back here!"
One more look at Jake's fail.
But now onto our horse.
This horsey critic is Percy.


His show name is Pursuit Of Happiness.
I had wanted a Peter Stone DAH ISH that looked similar to Percy for christmas but the site was out of ISH long mane long tail bodies. Nothing else would do so I was determined to paint him myself. That idea was put on the back burner until I found a body. Finally I've found one and Percy was born.

He's pretty special to me and I put a lot of "easter eggs" on him like this,

Look at his heart!
If I were to win the BCS Winter Photo Challenge  Percy would be getting the name plate halter, 
Percy's a kind horse so he couldn't leave Jake out to dry.
"Little dog stop running! I command you!"
In other news,
I sculpted a puppy! It's a semi-portait of my own dog Rosie who is well past her puppy size but not her puppy-ness,
But notice something else? Jack the cowboy got a vest! I really enjoyed making these, they are really easy and no sew!
I also made a brown one and a grey one. The grey one still needs a real owner but for now Jake will just have two.




I'll need to make a proper pattern for the child riders, it's way too big on her.
And now for fun! A masterpiece I call, Dog in Vest.
And to show how Percy is very calm and loving,
vest on his head!
That's all for now. Tune in tomorrow for another post. Thanks for reading!







5 comments:

  1. You did a very good job on Percy :) I take it you watered down the white paint before you put it on? Not many people first starting out know to do that, so very good job! How many customs have you done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you. I have painted a few others but not many. I did water down his paint and it looks fine but it bugs me because no matter how hard I tried I could never get an "even look". Luckily it didn't leave brush strokes which is always my problem so I actually use sponges to apply body color. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. It helps to seal the paint with a clear acrylic sealer after the second or third coat, and then paint over it again, if you hadn't already done that. I had sooo much trouble trying to get an "even look" especially with white paint. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. brush strokes are the worst!!! Lol I've never tried a sponge, I may try that sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I learned to paint from Sherly Lesuire at breyerfest. She uses makeup sponges and they actually work extremely well. Thanks for the tip about the white paint, I might do it but this horse has been sealed 3 times already due to issues He's a problem but I love him because it's Percy. Thanks for everything!

      Delete